Christmas is just around the corner. Can you believe it? I know that a lot of us parents are scrambling, trying to figure out how to make an extra dollar or two before Christmas. Here I have put together 15 ways to make a little cash!
- Sell Your Old and/or Unused Items – Look in your junk drawers, your jewelry boxes, your storage, your car. Anywhere you can think that you might find items that you just don’t use anymore. You can list it on; Facebook, Twitter, Craigslist, have a yard sell, sell to pawn shops. There are also stores that buy used clothes, jewelry, shoes, bedding, toys etc.
- Make Christmas Crafts and Sell Them – You can also list these on social media, Craigslist, and you can open an Etsy shop and sell your crafts there.
- Make Baked Goods and Sell Them – Cinnamon rolls, bread, cookies, and pies. Tis the season for baked goods. How awesome would it be if for a fee, you could help your friends and others, get their goodies together?
- Sell Your Antiques and Collectibles – There are so many people looking for antiques and collectibles. You can sell them to Collectors, sellers, shops, and you can list them on Etsy.
- Donate Plasma – This one is pretty sucky but you can make quick money by going to your local plasma bank and donating.
- Get A Boarder – If you have a spare room, a great way to get a little cash is by renting it out, and freeing up some of the money that you’re spending on bills.
- Recycle Your Old Phones – Some companies offer money for recycling your old phones. You can even call up your family and friends to see if they will donate their old phones to you.
- Offer Your Services – Got any special talents? That is a great way to make some money on the side. Offer singing lessons, dance lessons, pet sitting, proofreading, anything you can think of.
- Sell Your Old Movies, Games, CDs, and Books to Amazon – Amazon buys your old movies and books etc for a minimal price, but get enough together and you’ve got a little more Christmas cash.
- Sell Your Photos – There are companies that will buy your photos if you have something great!! Get looking through some photos and see what you’ve got!
- Sell Items for Scrap Metal – Anything that is metal, can be sold for scrap metal. With scrap metal, you get paid by weight. So if you sell a car, fill it up with other metal objects, big and small. You can also sell your old washer and dryer and items like it.
- Rent Out Your Car – Why not rent out our car when you’re not using it? Maybe your friends need a car to get to their families for holidays and you either are staying home or are going in a different car. Not a bad way to make some extra money.
- Look On Craigslist for Odd Jobs – One great way to make a little bit of extra cash is by doing odd jobs for others. You can also ask your friends and family if they need some help with anything.
- Baby Sit Some Kids – Offer baby sitting for a couple days a week. Especially if you’re a stay at home mom it’s a good way to make money doing what you’re already doing.
- Run Errands for Elderly and Disabled People – You’d be surprised how many people would pay you a small fee to run their errands. Get a few people to run errands for and run them all at the same time. You can also use that time to run your errands so that you won’t have to find too much extra time to do it!!
Well everyone these are my 15 ideas for earning some extra money before Christmas. I hope they work for you!