This is going to be short and sweet and to the point. Here is a quick checklist of how to be successful on Etsy.
1. Find something cool and unique to sell. Even if other sellers are selling the same item, make yours stand out.
2. Have great pictures. Clean background and good lighting. The best time and place to take photos is in the morning, outside.
3. Have at least 100 listings. You don’t need to open with 100 listings, but make that your goal. Typically, buyers will take you more seriously if you have more stock. Also – the more items you have, the more options your buyers will have. Never open your store with less than 20 listings.
4. Be competitive. Great product. Great pictures. Great prices.
5. Don’t give up. In my first store, I started selling within a few days of opening my store. All of my other stores took a month or more. It can take a while after listing a product to get it high enough in the listings search for buyers to see your listing. Keep trying.
6. Listing title, description, and hashtags can make or break your store. Make sure that those things are always current and on point.
7. Spend time adding new products and sprucing up old listings. It makes a huge difference in sells!