I have been a single mom for going on 6 years now. 5 little monsters all my own. I think I have very little advice because I struggle and I slave for them. Here is my two cents though;
1. Be happy. You can either laugh or cry. Choose to laugh. It won’t be like this for long. You can do it. Your children need a happy mom and you deserve to be happy.
2. Be the hardest working person that you know. Work your buns off and get that paycheck. I don’t receive child support and I’ve never let my kids suffer for it. Someday you’ll be grateful to yourself and your children will learn the value of hard work.
3. Sometimes dinner can be cereal.
4. Love your children more than anything.
5. You don’t always have to put your children before yourself, but make sure that in general they’re your #1. Don’t let people you’re dating get between you and your babies. Your children are forever. Lovers come and go.
6. It’s okay to drink caffeine.
7. Remember that your children will still love you if you can’t give them everything. What they want most is your time.
8. Sometimes mommy needs breaks for her mental health. If you don’t, that’s great. If you do, take them.
9. You don’t have to be perfect, just be present.
10. Never take advice from someone that you wouldn’t trade places with.
11. Mommy is a person too.
12. If it smells like poop and looks like poop, it’s poop.
13. Lock the bathroom door.
14. Never waste a nap.